Enhancing Green Opportunities for young people and women in Lira district through private, public sector. EGO project.
A three day annual review and planning meeting on the EGO project was held at AVSI – Lira office (from 15th – 17th Jan 2019. The meeting attracted the following participants who are behind the project: AVSI, WLEDE, Nile Forestry Agro, Lira District Local Government focal point person and the Executive director of Young treps.
The objectives of the meeting were:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of EGO trends of 2018
- Develop an enriched EGO 2018 annual report
- Draw EGO work plan and strategy for implementation in 2019
- To harmonize EGO work plan with the E.U approved budget quarterly and annual mile stone
- To reflect and revise project intervention strategy ( draw lessons, challenges and recommendations)
The three days meeting ended on a good note with visits to private partners engaged in the project, this included visit to famous job center being run by the Young Treps, Scarlet mushroom farm dealing in mushroom production and also training of 120 beneficiaries in mushroom farming, Lira Rabbit also a private partner engaged in keeping rabbits for business purpose.
WLEDE is doing a great job in the project by offering trainings to young people and women in Governance and leadership and various supports in different aspects with other implementing partners in areas like Retooling of Natural resource, establishment and operationalization of young people and women engagement plat forms, drawing, adoption and operationalization of an all- inclusive Natural resource management frame work among other support