In 2018 WLEDE enlarged its territory and entered the economic sector through a three year project “Enhancing Green Opportunities for women and youth in Lira District – Northern Uganda – EGO”. 3,243 direct beneficiaries were impacted and;-
- 60% of the young people and 20% of the women who acquired employable skills attained influential roles in the green value chain governance structures.
- 20% of the women and young people increased their income opportunities,
- 10% of the youth created jobs in agriculture and agribusiness along the agricultural supply chain.
- 10% of the private sector actors increased employment of women and young people in the agricultural sector in Lira district.
- Natural resource management is now engendered and inclusive, streamlined at all administrative levels (district, sub-county and parish) in the district with Young people and women fully represented in the Natural Resource Management structures.